Vegan Mince Pie Roll recipe
200g vegan spread
300g self-raising flour
100ml water (room temperature)
Mince pie filling (I got mine from Holland & Barrett)
Icing sugar and pecans to decorate
For the pastry -
Melt vegan spread till lukewarm in microwave. Place in large bowl and sift in the flour. Mix.
Let cool till room temperature. Then add small parts of the water whist kneading the dough until the dough stops sticking to your hands. Then put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Once cooled, cover a clean counter, your hands and rolling pin with same flour and knead dough until dry enough to roll out. Roll out then place a thin line of mince pie filling and roll over then repeat until you reach the end of the pastry. Pinch each end down and rub water over each end.
Use lots of flour when kneading and rolling out.
Rub some vegan margarine over the top of the roll to make it golden. You can add pecans on the top and place in the over on 180 for about 20 minutes.
10 minutes before you take them out sprinkle some icing sugar over the top.
16 Notes/ Hide
- 8ridget9 likes this
- diamondz-intherough likes this
- horrible-at-usernames likes this
- goingveggieproject reblogged this from veganluke
- sunrise-beach likes this
- ashleywawryk likes this
- ians-sweetie likes this
- fitandhealthyfoods reblogged this from veganluke
- bananacreamcupcakes likes this
- rhubarbjamgirl likes this
- infinityman55 reblogged this from veganluke
- hullabalookaydee likes this
- vegancinderella likes this
- kimmiethefuckingsquid likes this
- defiant-evergreen reblogged this from veganluke
- acrust likes this
- veganluke posted this